Stretch Marks are formed as a result of swift stretching of skin or weight changes. They can be commonly seen on waist, lower back, breasts, thighs, arms, buttocks and hips.Show more text
In the middle layer (dermis) of the skin, stretch marks start developing when the connective tissue is stretched due to the expansion and contraction of skin resulting in the formation of a fine scar. The following are useful home remedies to treat stretch marks.
- Warm olive oil and rub gently on the affected area. This improves blood circulation and stretch marks will get reduced.
- Apply coconut oil and massage for 15 minutes.
- Mix equal quantities of Lavender Oil, Almond Oil, and Chamomile Oil and apply on stretch marks.
- Tea Tree Oil has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. Massage gently with Tea Tree oil regularly.
- Cocoa butter softens and smoothens thereby breaking the scar tissue of the stretch mark.
- Vitamin-E oil is a wonderful therapeutic stretch mark treatment.
Improving Skin’s elasticity and strength is the best way to avoid the formation of stretch marks.